The Phone/Internet Debacle of 09

Category :

I moved into my apartment on Thursday, July 23rd. I immediately noticed I was not able to access the internet...or use the phone in my room (which is supposed to be for University Housing purposes...but I want it to hook TiVo up to) as the jacks were not working properly. I immediately told my supervisor's supervisor so the problem would be fixed immediately. He requested a work order for the problem to be resolved. Two weeks go by and still no internet or phone. I am starting to get upset I do not have these necessities (being the internet...and tivo). I decide to take matters into my own hands and give the maintenance staff a call "Hi, This is Josh McKenzie the Columbia Hall ARLC. I am calling to check on the status off my work order.....oh, you'll send someone up there immediately?....Thanks." I get to my room later that day after the worker has come and gone- which I am able conclude based on the door hanger on my door knob that says "We've Been Here!" The hanger says the problem has been fixed and lists what has been wrong with the jacks causing me to have no access to the outside world from my computer for 2 weeks. What is written under this portion you might ask? It reads, "Your phone was plugged into the internet jack." A mere two weeks earlier, at the beginning of this debacle, I scoffed at one of my friends who asked if the cords were plugged into the right jacks. "I'm not stupid," I quickly snapped.

I am now reevaluating that...

0 comments: