I Love the Home of my 82,000 Friends

Category :

Oh sweet weekend. Full of heat, fun, garnet, football, angry SC fans and triumphant UGA fans. 

Friday night was spent at Delaney's, a bar in the right-next-to-campus 5 Points. The area is populated with unique shops, Columbia-original bars, and restaurants found in movies. Weekend nights, however, the hair comes down and kiddies are out to play. 5 Points turns from the walker- friendly area it is during the day, into an all out bar crawl, crawlers being of the 
20-ish age. Back to Delaney's though, the hyped McFly is an 80's cover band  that was set to rock some strings and bust some amps
 
Friday night.  Over-hyped is how I would now describe it. The singer, however, did wear a bright red suit, which was interesting...the most interesting thing of the performance. Despite the mediocrity of the set, dances were still danced, laughs were still laughed, and fun was still....funned!

Now to the Palmetto state's church day: Game Day Saturday. Time of Kickoff: 3. Time of Tailgate: 10. Temperature in Degrees Fahrenheit: 178. Number of the Closest Friends in Williams-Bryce: 82,000. Now, from my perspective, it was obvious the #2 ranked Georgia would be pulling ahead by the end of the dollar (4th quarter..you can LOL amongst yourselves). Since I was wanting my life expectancy to span past September 13th, I decided to keep that thought to myself while the Gamecock Fans spit some insults and trashed some talk. Taking my standing spot in the student section of Williams-Bryce, packed in as tight as pickles (Ref: See Ellen Degeneres stand-up, b/c pickles are definitely packed tighter than sardines) the game lasted longer than waiting for Lil Mamma to spit out her absurdity of critiques on ABDC...and I have the farmer's tan on the back of my neck to prove it! The energy and passion that fills the stadium proves to be the best place in the city of Cola! Next week, the Cocks take on the non-SEC school Wofford, hopefully that venture will end in victory.

To my Blue Raiders, Good Luck with Sorority Bid Day Monday afternoon, and with Fraternity Recruitment this week! I'll be back on home turf Thursday!

And to those of you who did not get to witness the best impersonation in SNL history, I posted a little linky-link to the left from the Palin/Clinton sketch that opened up the season last night (Michael Phelps hosted, was horribly awkward, and the rest of the ninety minutes was packed with dullness..and then Lil Wayne!). 


0 comments: