We Ready...

Category :


BA

That means Bad Ass (sorry mom), and that's basically how I describe the MTSU Sigma Nu Fall Pledge Class 2008. I went back to MTSU this past weekend for Smoker Night and Bid Day, and let me just say I wasn't disappointed- like most 19 year old girls were when they found out Britney WASN'T performing at the VMA's, tear jerker, I know! It was great getting back there and seeing everyone. And watching 30 new guys run out, all adorned in navy Sigma Nu Bid Day shirts, with a look of elation and pure ecstasy, knowing they were the biggest pledge class of any fraternity for fall '08 made the trip that much better. The cream of the crop (why do I always think of creamed corn, a little sickening) is basically how to describe them if you don't want to say BA.

Though I already knew many of them, after meeting all of the new guys, it really got me to wishing I was still there. Though I never had this thought then, having enough on my plate to stay busy, I now look back and almost feel robbed of a year and a half of true experience- and seeing how our hard work over the past several months paid off with the elitism of new guys really put me on that mind track. Knowing the amount of work each of the members did during the past year and a half, what we have all been through, how hard we have worked to get back to functioning- to have it all pay off with coming back for our first formal Recruitment since '06 with the largest pledge class (all of which were highly courted by others down the row) has a deeper meaning than many will know- and also quickly moves back where we left off, back to where we belong: on top! And I'll just say, that night, pure entertainment! So much better than watching an episode of The Hills (that's not really saying much though, I guess, now is it). 

They say "If you're on the outside you'll never understand. And if you're on the inside, you'll never be able to explain." True story. My time with Sigma Nu could never be traded, as so much of me grew during that experience, however, a few extra chapters would have been nice. 

*Pic: Notice the colors of NU (ours, of course) and the colors of OLD (a certain other). Funniest poster of the weekend.

0 comments: