Welcome Back, Kotter?

Category :



The show kind of pre-dates my years, and I've never come across TV Land to see an episode, however, I DO know John Travolta was in it. That's beside the point though, get Travolta out of your head, greased hair, spandex-tight bellbottoms, multi-colored disco floor, and all, and just play the theme song in your head. Why am I doing this, you may ask? Well, because I told you to and it makes the story better if you have a soundtrack going in your head...and that is the song I have chosen. Any who, it was announced today that Sigma Nu at Middle Tennessee State University has been approved to have our charter reinstated! In laymen's terms, we are technically a fraternity once again!!! I won't go into the deets (that means details) but let's just be excited, bust out the streamers, poppers, and celebrate us a good ole time. To top that off, fraternity recruitment started this week- what kinda coincidence is that! So I'll be heading back to the boro (short for Murfreesboro. I just like to keep you up to speed on my extremely cool lingo and abbrevs usage- again, that means abbreviation) this weekend to participate in my first Smoker Night (Formal Night) since Fall 2006 and Bid Day on Saturday- again, the first one since fall 2006, but hopefully that was already obvious by my previous mentions. To say the least, I am more than ecstatic for the weekend and proud of the guys that worked on the piles of paperwork to get them there. {Insert Air Fist Pump over left shoulder and Air Fist Pump Over Right Shoulder HERE}

As I am on this whole Greek kick (the fraternity/sorority thing, not the actual country thing), sorority bid day at MTSU was on Monday and I wanted to say Congrats (hopefully I do not need to debrief you on that abbrev) to a few of my friends who went through! I could insert one of those extremely corny sisterhood quotes here, but I won't...because like I said...they're corny, and I don't like corn (especially on the cob. Don't you hate when it gets stuck in your teeth, then forcing you to crudely pick at your teeth, jamming your entire fist in your mouth doing so, all the while sitting across from the Queen of England, who then, for some peculiar reason, thinks you're being disgusting and gives you the stink eye). In short, congratulations, I couldn't be happier for y'all.

I now want to have a brief convo on the weather- not that I feel as if I am experiencing an awkward pause in the conversation with you and have run out of other, actual subjects to discuss (you know exactly what I am talking about)- but because I just want to mention it was somewhat cool in Columbia today. That is right, the normal humidity was absent, causing my clothes to stay dry for more than 17 seconds after stepping outside and becoming drenched with sweat. I dare to say it was cool, and pleasant. I have a friend who moved from South Carolina to MTSU to start his freshman year this fall. I wrote on his wall (facebook terms, not his actual living room wall. My name is not Harold and I do not have a purple crayon [google it]) the other day asking why it was so humid (this is obviously not a question I was looking for him to answer), and knowing exactly why he moved out-as the day I wrote that it felt like 107 degrees. To that he responded, and I quote, "It was a cool 75 here today, with a nice breeze. It probably won't be like that in SC till November." I have since deleted his friendship.

0 comments: