NDSU-Nashville?

Category :


So I have to mention a story that was picked up by some national news sources at the end of last week regarding Miley Cyrus and her thoughts on pursuing higher education. As you can imagine, it would be a huge PR opportunity for Miley Cyrus to mention what school she would be interested in attending. HUGE! All those lil tweeny nuggets would want to follow right behind her...even to North Dakota State University-Nashville?....

The 17-year-old singer-and-actress said: "I'm not gonna go to college right now. I am a firm believer that you can go back at any age you want, because my grandma went back to college at 62 years old."
Miley hasn't ruled out further studies all together, and has thought about copying her sister by going to North Dakota State University (NDSU).
She said: "My sister went to NDSU in Nashville, so I'd probably want to be there with all my friends."
(article)

My initial thought had me asking when North Dakota State opened a branch campus in Nashville, TN. I even had to Google it to make sure I wasn't completely out of the loop on something. I must ask you to do a little exercise:
  1. Out loud, say N-D-S-U
  2. Out loud, say M-T-S-U

  3. Repeat until you realize the mistake the media made in what would have been MTSU's biggest PR opportunity since Al Gore visited campus back in the early 2000s.

Even the popular entertainment site, Perez Hilton, stated NDSU. If we cannot count on Perez for the most credible and accurate information, who can we trust? Also, as stated by a friend on Twitter:

RT @mallorygrooms Dear Miley: We appreciate that you wanna go to MTSU, but we are in the Boro, not Nashville. http://tl.gd/1g0r8q

NDSU-Nashville: Be Loud! Be Proud! Be Blue!

(at least one source got it right)

0 comments: